Monday, October 03, 2005

The reunion was strange. It was good to give an awkward half-hug to a few friends from 10 years ago and catch up on a few baby names, to see a few old friends I used to hang with, work with, old flames and crushes. But then there was a whole lot of the: You sell make-up and you want to sell me some right now? You sell karaoke machines? You still work at the go-cart track? You still do meth? To tell you honestly, the whole thing made me a tad uneasy. It was a bizarro world really. I was beginning to remember things that were never meant to be remembered.

But I came back home to hang with our out of town guests, M and J. We went to the Iowa St. v Nebraska football games. Woo-hoo. Played board games. Ate chicken wings. Ahh, people I've befriended as an adult.

Fantast Baseball is over and I got 14th! A big congrats to Jim who finished as our winner.

1 comment:

jwg said...

Thanks Zach. It was a long season. I'm really proud of my boys. They did everything a guy could ask.

"Some days you win. Some days you lose. And some days, it rains."