Friday, September 21, 2007



The new issue of Typo (#10) has some poets that are in my fav 5. Each new issue of theirs consistently validates what I already love about the poets I already love and deepens my love for them in a new way. And every issue (I truly mean it) has introduced a poet to me who I've subsequently put in my fav 5. I trust Typo. This one also has Tony Tost, a poet to whom I owe everything, who got me started, who turned me on to reading and writing and music, and who continues and will always continue to show me where to go. Anyway, read his poems in this issue then go buy his new book, Complex Sleep, from UIowa Press' Kuhl House Series. It comes out next week. I'm very excited. Oh, and Kate, one of my best friends, who is equally important to me, provided the photograph for the cover. Oh, snap! My copy will live under my pillow.



No comments: