Thursday, October 08, 2009


I think this is a good time to tell you some things about me: I am working on three manuscripts right now: one called 1977-2050, one of short prose poems called From the Fjords, and a very very long poem called Asteroid. I'm also trying to finish up a book of translations of Andrei Sen-Senkov's poems. I'm going to graduate with a Ph.D from U of Nebraska in December. I can't stop listening to Hospice by The Antlers. This weekend I'm going to grade a lot of papers, apply for jobs for next fall, and send out Heather Christle's book to people who bought it. I need to go to Clinton Street video to take back a movie, and to pick up another movie. The Portland lit magazine, Poor Claudia, is going to co-host a book release event with Octopus Books next Friday. Heather and Matvei Yankelevich are going to come to Portland to read from their new books. I'll tell you much more about this soon. Today I found a spider in my bookbag and I just waited for it to crawl out. I just watched it crawl out instead of doing anything aggressive. Tonight the Cornhuskers play the Mizzou tigers on ESPN and I will be rooting for the Cornhuskers. Remember when I told you I started swimming again? Well, today will be my 10th swim practice. I'm using this blog to hold myself accountable. I gone about 12,000 yards. Do you know how far that is? No really, do you? It's from here to that building I'm looking at right now. 

5 comments:

Julia Cohen said...

Can we have a joint spider-blog? Although my spiders seem to meet more violent ends.

JMW said...

Toad Press is iso translations.

Phill said...

BTW, I need some of whatever it is you're taking, dude. I am getting burned out and not doing half of what you are.

thehauntedtooth said...

We totally should've gone for a swim when you were here.

Phill said...

Yeah, but doesn't Z's speaker exposes his "sex parts" near water. This might get complicated if Z doesn't leave him at home.:-P