Monday, March 07, 2005

Rock 'n' Roll poet set list

Starting to think about my set list for my big New Lakes Reading Series reading on Thursday in Missoula. I figured it might be best to hit 'em with the more narrative-driven, short and punchy ones with the big payoffs. Those'll be easy to focus upon. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. A Band of Owls Moved Into Town
2. If Great Lakes
3. What Everyone Started Wearing
4. I'm Not Carlos
5. The Monster Hour
6. [Opera Singer]

Those should do the trick. The last one is longer and a bit heavier. Jonathan Minton will be reading also and we're both going to read from our mags (his being word for/word). I'm going to read two from the upcoming Octopus #5: Craig Morgan Teicher's "Nights" and Jennifer L. Knox's "Poster in the Waiting Room: Phantom Arm"

1 comment:

The Pines said...

Zach,

That looks like a fine set-list, and having read the poems, and especially having formatted them into the makeshift New Lakes playbill, my excitement is certain... definitely a "rock 'n' roll" set list. My only regret is that I didn't get a rock band to open and close the reading. Tesla, maybe, or a Black Sabbath cover band, slow songs only. Next time...

, Brandon