Thursday, December 22, 2005

A bagel with A and M after a morning walk. A lovely afternoon hanging with Graham Foust: Blue Bottle Coffee, a long city hike to Green Apple Books: Simic's Aunt Lettuce, Edward Dahlberg's Leafless American (thanks T for the recommendation), Alan Dugan's Selected (thanks Graham for the recommendation). This Dugan book is brilliant. It may change my poetry life. Sushi with Graham. For the first time I had eel and mackerel. An hour nap amidst city sounds. Video games. Thai for dinner.

3 comments:

Anthony Robinson said...

Weird. I also had eel and mackerel for the first time in SF a couple weeks ago.

And yes, Alan Dugan is the greatest.

Graham Foust didn't hang out with me.

Zachary Schomburg said...

Very weird. I liked the eel, but not the mackerel. And is it ok to say that I hadn't read Dugan before? Well I hadn't. And now I'm caught up in a Dugan tornado. I can't get enough. I've been deprived. All these years!

Anthony Robinson said...

I liked the eel and mackerel both okay. The mackerel's texture was more appealing to me than the eel's. I liked the eel fine in a roll, but nigiri-style, not so much. Too mushy.

Alan Dugan is a total badass. We need a Dugan concordance, though, to see how many times he uses the word "hard-on" in his poems.