Friday, December 09, 2005

The second Clean Part went swimmingly. So many poetry fans (about 50-60) braved the cold to see Amanda Nadelberg and Anthony Hawley read. Joey Lynch's screen prints made for terrific wall candy. All the chairs filled up and a standing room gallery was formed at the back. Amanda and Anthony were wildly entertaining and engaging. The fans were laughing and striking thoughtful poses at all the terrific banter and lovely words.

Amanda stayed with A and I and she was a terrific guest--good firelight conversationalist, clean and tighty, etc, and she came bearing gifts: peanut butter and chocolate spread, hibiscus sugar, and blackberry perserves. She also brought be Michael Earl Craig's Can You Relax in my House, so I can cross that off my list. I had quite a few additional opportunities to spend some time with her talking po-biz. I'm excited about the projects she's got in the cooker. And she's given me a few ideas and reasons for writing poems. A thank you to her.


Some pics:




Denny (the one that is pissed) is pissed. He won Anthony Hawley's book, Afield, in a raffle. Apparently, he didn't care for it.


Terrific artist and 1/3 of Tugboat's propreitorship, Jake Gillespie, is telling Amanda he thought her poems were good.


Anthony is telling clean jokes.


Clean parters, getting comfortable with each other.


Amanda reading.


Anthony reading.

3 comments:

kate said...

seeing denny, joey and jake made me happy. I miss those guys. Glad clean part was a success! yay!

Denny Schmickle said...

FOR THE RECORD:

I was not pissed OR disappointed.
That's my picture takin' face.

kate said...

I second denny. that IS his picture taking face. Many pictures of his wife looking lovely and denny with his picture taking face.