Monday, December 18, 2006





Today was an excellent mailbox day. In it (my mailbox) were no bills, no Bed Bath and Beyond coupons--only 2 packages. One from Pilot Books and the other from Black Ocean. Pilot graciously sent me review copies of Anthony Robinson's Brief Weather & I Guess a Sort of Vision and Friedrich Kerksieck & Aaron James McNally's Cruel, Yes, but Company. I've already read the latter heating up some lasagna. Lovely. These are postcards with actual poems handwritten on them. Actually handwritten. Each set have different post cards. One-of-a-kind. Betsy Wheeler and Pilot have their stuff together. Octopus note: FK/AJM have some of these poems in the upcoming online counterpart to Octopus #8. Soon, so soon.

I'm going to read Anthony's tonight, by the fireplace perhaps. I got #82 of his 200 and #39 of FK and AJM's 50. What did you get?

Black Ocean sent me the final pre-print typeset proof of The Man Suit. My last chance to figure out what exactly I want y'all to see.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Hey Zach, glad you are enjoying the chaps so far. There's more to come from where they came from!

...And looking forward to all the parts of Octopus #8.

~Bets