Monday, July 09, 2007










Night #22: South of Liard River, BC. 6500 miles. The long winding drive from our spot on Kluane Lake to Liard River was one of the most beautiful drives ever. It is one of the few I wish were much longer. Yukon and Northern BC are so remote, the occasional RV shared the road with us. We seemed to see more wildlife than cars. A little red fox (we watched it hunt and eat some sort of rodent). Buffalo herds. Black bear. Brown bear. Moose. All ON the road. We also saw a double rainbow in the early evening, the entire arc visible on both. These are things I've never quite understood (for the same reason I still can't understand why glaciers can be blue--I mean I understand it, you know--I mean I could it explain it to you, but I don't really understand it. And if you try to explain it to me, rainbows I mean, it'll make me dizzy). Also, is it ok to think rainbows are cool? I suppose not in a Lisa Franks and Unicorn sort of way. Also, we came across the sign post forest and walked around in it a bit. Jealous? We found another good tent site off the road a ways (our 12th now, I believe, outside a campground--more money saved for the steep Canadian postcard postage.


No comments: