Sunday, March 02, 2008

I just now drafted my fantasy baseball team for the season. Wanna see my team?

The Mendoza Lions



C Russell Martin
1B Prince Fielder
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Evan Longoria
SS Khalil Greene
CI Hank Blalock
MI Julio Lugo
LF Chris Duncan
CF Corey Hart
RF JD Drew
OF Juan Pierre
Util Felix Pie
Bench David Eckstein
Bench Melky Cabrera

SP John Lackey
SP John Maine
SP Clay Buchholz
SP Hiroki Kuroda
SP Tim Wakefield
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Francisco Rodriguez
MR Joaquin Benoit
P Greg Maddux

08 Predictions

AL East

Boston
New York*
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Baltimore

AL Central

Cleveland
Detroit
Kansas City
Chicago
Minnesota

AL West

Los Angeles
Seattle
Texas
Oakland

NL East

New York
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Washington
Florida

NL Central

Milwaukee
Chicago
St. Louis
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Houston

NL West

Los Angeles
Colorado*
Arizona
San Diego
San Francisco


AL Series

Boston over NYY

NL Series

NYM over Milwaukee

World Series

Boston over NYM

6 comments:

Zachary Schomburg said...

Looks like I'll be following a lot of Red Sox baseball. And I think I got the Saves category already locked up. O! the season is too far away. I'm too excited too early.

kate said...

I know nothing about fantasy baseball, but I just wanted to say that the Mendoza Lions would be the cutest little league team name.

Zachary Schomburg said...

Kate,

Thanks. I agree. And know this: this particular lineup would DOMINATE little league baseball. Oh man.

Amish Trivedi said...

I'm broken hearted that the Mets seem unbeatable in the NL East. Too many cylinders will fire too well. Where as they had a weak link in Glavine, they've got Santana.

Broken hearted.

Benjamin Vogt said...

The Twins will not be last in their division. Fix that right now! Maybe 2nd to last (KC will be last). Grrrrr. We got Liriano back so I think they might finish 3rd even, behind Detroit and Cleveland.

Zachary Schomburg said...

Ben, Ben,

KC might be last, but I think it's a crapshoot for last in that division. I mean CRAPshoot. It will be hard to watch Santana light it up somewhere else. August and September could feel a little like Montreal in the dome this year. Do they still play if no one is watching?