Friday, November 21, 2008


Lately I've been developing an obsession with getting my fingers smashed in a car door. This is only with car doors and no other kind of doors. Not bathroom doors or bedroom doors and definitely not refrigerator doors. Though sometimes with swinging doors, but swinging doors are so rare it hardly matters. Anyway, whenever I see a car door opening or closing, I get this terrible hot, stinging, bone-crushing sensation in my fingers and the back of my neck. I swallow my tongue a little. I feel like I am drowning in a moving sea of sharp metal, but only for a second or two. I feel like we're closer now that I have told you this.

2 comments:

Daydream Pizzeria said...

I get that too. Also, in gym class, I would never put my hands on the floor because I thought someone would step on my fingers. I have only ever gotten the finger-stepping feeling while sitting on a basketball court.

Alisa H / Jake G said...

I got all of my fingers smashed in a sliding mini-van door in high school. i was fine, no broken fingers, but MAN DID THAT HURT!
About a year later I broke 2 of my knuckles in an unrelated incident.
jake g.