Wednesday, November 19, 2008





This week in my film classes at Portland State, I'm showing a selection of experimental films. I get to inject my love for surrealism into the discussions. It's quite fun and I can see a few of my students stumble into a world they may never return from. You should play along and send me a response paper of the following four films. I'll grade it and send it back to you. 

An Andalusian Dog (Luis Bunuel and Salvador Dali 1929)
Meshes of the Afternoon (Maya Deren 1943)
Dimensions of Dialogue (Jan Svankmajer 1982)

3 comments:

Amish Trivedi said...

I absolutely adore Svankmejer. Have you seen his Alice?

Heather said...

No no please!! Don't make me see the eyeball again! Don't MAKE ME!!!!

Claire said...

Dimensions of Dialogue is my favorite way to make people obsess over Svankmajer. Nicely done!