Thursday, April 13, 2006

1. I've been sleeping with Sleeping with the Dictionary. We'll be discussing it in Post-Colonial Poetics today along with Oulipo, Black Arts Movement, black aesthetics, etc. Should be 2.5 solid hours of mind-blowing po-nerd conversation. This is what I quit dispatching for.

2. At mid-month, the chap mannies have piled up pretty high for #8. I'm not sure we knew what numbers to expect, but it has been quite the trial to not rip them open and devour them too soon. I can not wait to read these things of yours.

3. I got that corn job I was talking about earlier. I'll be getting dirt in my fingernails under the hot sun in the fields all day, then coming home and reading your poetry manuscripts at night. This sounds like a good dream to me.

4. Also, if you didn't know already, there's this, with an Octopus nod and a few quotes from me in it. Read it first, then read this, this, this, and a defense. I have only linked here the boy-bloggers who have weighed in on this issue. I'll let you link around to find some women blogger comments on this topic in the dark underbelly of the female blogosphere.

No comments: