Thursday, April 20, 2006

At some point yesterday, all of the following things happened: 1. Lost four pages of my longish paper on current avant-gardes as off-shoots of the found poem, just a few hours before I was to turn it in and present it to the class. 2. Got off the bus to arrive at my car to discover I left my keys on campus. 3. Walked back to campus while 60 blocks away at a different campus my class sits and waits for me to show up. 4 Got on the wrong bus. 5. My peanut butter and jelly sandwich was very stale.

This weekend marks the beginning of the end of the semester. 30 pages or so left to write. I'm writing really good poems right now though. I'm sneaking them between term paper paragraphs. In two weeks or so: I retire to the corn and read lots of chap mannines for #8. Aaah.

Reading my poetry for five minutes tomorrow at the very special No Name. I'm going to see how many short poems I can read in that amount of time. I'm bringing a stop watch, or something with an alarm. And I'm reading for five minutes again the following Thursday for the department. It'll be thrilling. 10 total minutes of awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enuff of this james tate BS!

Anonymous said...

if you're not mocking my previous anonymity...thank you. i am not alone at least. i mean go to that bear parade thing and click on the blurb links and read their blog entries for 2 seconds, they all sound the exact fucking same. all this stuff sounds the exact same.

Denny Schmickle said...

what...



tha...





?






ANYWAY...
Z-man. Sorry about your crappy day.
that sucks.
At least you didn't mention how you've stopped by my empty studio 47 times.