Wednesday, October 04, 2006

This weekend, A is going to travel back in time. She is going to her HS reunion and I wish her the best of luck. I, on the other hand, am staying in the present. It will be an all-poetry weekend. Here is how it will shake down:

Friday night. 7 pm. Van Brunt Visitors Center. 13th & Q. As part of the Nebraska Books Festival, I am reading my best poems along with Mathias, Anthony Hawley, and Michael Dumanis.

Saturday morning. 10 am. Smith/Curtiss Room 220. Nebraska Wesleyan campus. Mathias and I will represent Octopus & Octopus Books on a panel of small presses/journals from Nebraska along with Prairie Schooner, Backwaters Press, and University of Nebraska Press.

Saturday night. 8 pm. Teresa Franta's House. 1840 B St. To commerate the 6 Poets at Six Gallery which took place on October 7 in 1955, I will read some poems (and maybe a Beat poem I'm fond of) along with 5 other Lincoln poets.

And: tommorow night, I'm part of a group of students that will be performing some Mac Low pieces in Avant Garde class. Very vrry vry excited about to be in the middle of all these words which will be floating around the classroom. I like words.

No comments: