Tuesday, February 09, 2010



This has been a good few months for new poetry books (I'm thinking about MacGregor Card's Duties for an English Foreign Secretary, Mathias Svalina's Descruction Myth, Brandon Downing's Lake Antiquity, Hiromi Ito's Killing Kanoko, and many others) and I am equally excited about the coming months. There are a lot of books to anticipate. The one I'm most excited about is Julie Doxsee's Objects for a Fog Death, which will come out from Black Ocean soon. I wanted to tell you this, but the cover isn't yet online. Because I am impatient, and because I don't want to grade this stack of essays in front of me, I played around with making a cover. This is my vision of Julie's black metal cover of her book. Let me be clear: this is NOT Julie's cover, just my fandom getting the better of me. And here are some other books, with actual covers, that I'm anticipating:



 

  
  

3 comments:

Mathias Svalina said...

That's a good cover.

CLAY BANES said...

Incredibly, Mean Free Path is already in-house. Maybe I can smuggle a Lerner and Murphy and we can meet in Oakland....

mad said...

i'm in the process of reading black life now. so very good.