Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wednesday night, thanks to Poor Claudia and Typhoon, I got to act out one of my very favorite day dreams. I got to front a band. Poor Claudia's latest project was to release my first collection of poem-films, Little Blind Thing, on dvd. To promote it, I got to be a part of an event that was part art installation, part local rock show, part poetry reading. When Typhoon played, I yelled/sang/read my poems while the eight of them played this building, brooding, crashing orchestral piece behind me. As I read I kept thinking about how this doesn't happen to poets too often. I didn't want to stop reading. I wanted to just stay up there and talk, tell all those people about my dreams, read my grocery lists, have a conversation with myself, all while Typhoon played loudly behind me. It doesn't matter the poem, everything sounds good when you have a killer band backing you. I'm pretty sure they enjoyed it too--they asked me to do it again at one of their shows. Typhoon is rad. They melted my face. The have a brand new album coming out on Tender Loving Empire this spring. If you know what is good for you, you'd buy it then, and you'd buy Little Blind Thing now for $10. You would buy it here. Actually, what you'd do is you'd get a subscription.









1 comment:

A. said...

I would shit my pants five times over to have seen that.