Thursday, June 02, 2005

Watching the final rounds Scripps National Spelling Bee, live. Very exciting. I've been keeping a tally: Of the 24 words I've seen so far, I've only been able to spell 5 and correctly define 2 (serang and etoufee). I'm going for Rajiv. I'm not sure how I feel about Samir. He's pretty cocky/obnoxious. I can't quite determine if it is charm. He gives a definition to the judge and asks if it is correct, instead of just asking for the definition. He's damn good.

Soon, I'll be packing up to fly off to AR for Tony Tost and Leigh Plunkett's nuptials. Wee! I'm a groomsman. I'm staying with, and being picked up by, my new friend and killer poet Adam Clay, and his lovely fiance Kim. I still need to shave, clean the apt, write a nice note to A to tell her how much I will miss her, and other things. This should be fun. I'll see a healthy handful of friends I haven't seen since undergrad days. I'll bring my dancing shoes. And bring you an update with pics when I return.

No comments: