Monday, July 04, 2005

Back from NE. Had a good time with the in-laws and the biologicals. Saw a killer fireworks display in Norfolk, NE, home of Johnny Carson and my grand in-laws. A and I somehow purchased a residence in Lincoln. I'm still not sure exactly how that happened. A tornado of paperwork and figures blew through and we're homeowners. We picked out a strangely nice spanish inspired little number with corrugated tile and stucco. A flat roof. Tight landscaping. A backyard ripe for a brick patio. Wood floors. Fireplace. Sunroom. And get this: an honest to goodness booth in the kitchen with a modest little black iron chandelier hanging above it. And it comes with a friendly little neighbor couple name LeAnne and Phil and newborn daughter Sara. Can't wait to get my hands on this house and put some touches on it.We'll be moving back mid-August it looks like. Here's the only pic we have of it now:

7 comments:

gina said...

Wow, homeowners! Congratulations!

Heidi Lynn Staples said...

Zach, Conpurchaselations! Conhomeownerelations! Your new home is absolutely adoorabell! Love the columns and fresh white bright against the red. Hey, my gramma lives in Lincoln! Touzalin Ave. Anywhere near ye?

Thanks for sharing. Chrs, Heidi

Heidi Lynn Staples said...

lincoln seems like a pretty cool lil' U-town. the armory has some nice shops and especially with the kava.

jwg said...

Nice house Nurse...

Craig Morgan Teicher said...

That house looks like it should be the seat of a little government! You should be president of your little kingdom!

Zachary Schomburg said...

Thanks for the nice words about me-house. You're all invited over for a house warming.

Heidi, I looked it up and your gramma apparently lives approximately 25 blocks to the east. I'll go introduce myself, we'll talk about our favorite poems over yours over a cup of joe.

Craig, yes, you're right! It does look like a little government seat. Perhaps of a very tiny modest little country. Though it would definately be a monarchy. What should I call it?

kate said...

Oh I love it! I think I know where it is at in lincoln too. I showed it to cliff and he totally recognized it. Congrats guys! Too cool. So cute.