Thursday, June 28, 2007










Night #19: Anchorage, AK. 5100 miles. We arrived in Anchorage. We like Talkeetna better. Anchorage kinda blows. Lots of gift shops and stuff downtown. But still surrounded by mountains and water and stuff. I bought my gift to myself here. A wolf wallet! It was between that and the bear wallet or the bald eagle wallet. The lady I bought it from said, "So just the wolf then? Not the bear?" A thought this was pretty funny. We then went to the Bear Tooth Theater Pub. This place is pretty rad. We had a pizza and a pitcher while watching Blades of Glory. Umm, not so much on the Blades of Glory. But the pizza was tops. We stayed at a municipal campground this time on the edge of town. Hopefully this was the last time. I took my fourth shower of the trip there. It was dirty nasty. There was this guy who seems to live there complaining about how his woman never goes to work. He said he may have to get a job now. There was another guy in there who had very loud stool for about 25 minutes. And the campground maintanence guy opened my shower curtain while I was in there to "see if it was clean." Ok. Another camper was feeding a fox. Not cool. We're getting out of town now after having a killer breakfast at the Snow City Cafe. Southward toward Seward. Also, been reading the Octopus mannies in camp and in the car. Some real doozies in there--you should be proud of yourself.

1 comment:

Amish Trivedi said...

Loud's a margine call. 25 minutes? That's just plain unhealthy.

I think.


I'm slightly bothered that in all of your lovely post, I've circled in on this part of it. sigh.