Monday, November 14, 2005

A blues-filled weekend in Norfolk. I'll give you more on that as soon as I can wrap my head around it.

But I was greeted with some good mail upon my return: Review copies of Arielle Greenberg's My Kafka Century (Action Books) and Jennifer Knox's A Gringo Like Me (Soft Skull)(Thank you Brandon Shimoda of CutBank), Public Works by Ronna Bloom (Pedlar Press), a very encouraging rejection from Joshua Marie Wilkinson over at the Denver Quarterly, and a postcard from the famous and talented Mary Ruefle which, among other things, said that she found a picture of me purchasing a soda for a youngster in a handmade book at the handmade books festival in Iowa City this week. Kate, you know anything about this? Why don't I?

4 comments:

kate said...

that is so weird. That would be a picture from the "what did you buy today" book, but I have NO IDEA how one ended up in iowa. I would like to know. I mean, I could put that handmade books festival thingy on my CV or something. ha.

kate said...

oh, and your mom has a copy of the book by the way.

Zachary Schomburg said...

Huh. Why don't I know about this? Why have you guys been keeping this a secret? I'm a bad listener.

kate said...

I will send you one if you want. Do you remember submitting it? It was about two years ago and then I had them at my thesis show and I sell them on my site. On another note Sun Kil Moon will make you feel sad and put you to sleep. I mean the Modest Mouse songs by Modest Mouse are depressing enough, but when all of the loud is stripped away and then sung by SKM...oh boy. I have been listening to it too. It is good. but not a good listen for those who are already not feeling so hot. Hope you feel better.