Friday, January 13, 2006

1. #7's launch was pretty successful. The Octopus has enjoyed a record number of hits the past two days, passing #6's launch by several hundred. The healthy beast keeps growing. Its tentacles are getting longer--its watery den is getting smaller. Thanks for the encouragement, kind words, suggestions, etc.

2. Spending some of the longer weekend in Ames to visit M and J. We may go to a movie, maybe Brokeback Mountain. It has been far too long since I've visited the cinema.

3. Grizzly Man is in my Netflix queue and is on its way.

4. Spinning my old Vermont and Promise Ring albums right now. Nostalgia. Feels good.

5. A and I are new dog owners. A black lab of sorts from the pound. So much to learn. I'm a bit stressed out about it all. Heel, damnit. She's a beauty though, and well-behaved for the most part. Doesn't bark. Likes to hump other dogs kinda, despite her being female and spayed. Thinks most corporate rock sucks. Would vote Libertarian if she could justify it, and if there were a worthwhile candidate. Eats poop.

1 comment:

David HG said...

Octopus #7 is like James Brown live at the Apollo in 1970 - a revolution of the mind. Solid stuff my friend.

How the fuck do you have time to edit a journal? I can't figure you editors out, can barely fit my own writing / reading in, much less think about publishing the work of others. Baffled and grateful.