Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Yesterday was a Ryan Murphy day. I re-read The Gales, one of my favorite chapbooks to come out in the past year, and wrote a little review on it. Then I tried to write like him for a little while, failed.

When I got home, I had a package in the mail with his name in the corner. He sent me The Traveling Salesman Problem from Wayne Chambliss, a book I absolutely love (Octopus published some of the poems in it). This is a beatiful book Ryan put together as a one-off publishing project, which is something I'm becoming increasingly interested in. With one-off publishing, as Ryan put it in his letter, the poetry can "speak for itself, outside the editorial preconceptions of an established press."

Anyway, I'm going to go learn more about one-off stuff now. Oh, and ask Ryan for some of these books he's made, give him money, etc. You must see this and be a part of this.

No comments: