Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Octopus #7 is shaping up--look for it by this weekend if all goes well. The issue looks wintery and cold, and it has 32 killer poets, like a dozen reviews, some essays, some interviews, some translations, some recovery projects, and some info about special issue #8 (more on that later). Anyway, I'm excited and you should be too.

What I got in the mailbox yesterday: Issue 2 of the Modern Review, another copy of That We Come to a Consensus by Noah Eli Gordon and Sara Veglahn, another copy of The Best of My Love by Aaron Kiely, Night Palace (which I haven't quite figured out yet), and After you, dearest language by Marisol Limon Martinez. I'm most excited about the latter. It has already been kindling for a few poems. It reads a bit like a dictionary or index. I find myself jumping throughout the text based on the see also's. It may replace my actual dictionary.

No comments: