Sunday, February 19, 2006

Another terrific Clean Part weekend. Very clean, intellectually and poetically stimulating and exhausting. My brain is full poems stolen from these three brilliant poets, but I was too burned to write any of it so I zoned out to Urban Cowboy on Sunday (with A, K, and S), drooling a bit and not wiping it off.

Jake Adam, Noah Eli, and Joshua Marie came in Friday night and we shared some pizza and beer at Yia Yia's. Soy cheese pizza. A bread popsicle. Later some good scotch at Mathias'. Black metal. Book talk. On Saturday we hit Kuhl's, the epicenter of Lincoln poetry, where all Lincoln poets (visiting or residing) get their ribeye and eggs and hashbrowns and pancakes. Sheldon Art Museum. A quick nap for Z. We were all a bit disappointed Clean Part fan and former reader Adam couldn't make it up. His absensce was heavy on all our shoulders. But we'll always have Austin. The reading went very well.

All three Clean Part poets were expert readers, polished and exuberant. About 45 people showed, and it seems our lack of space/seating turned away a handful more. Alas!


Noah Eli Gordon, everybody, holding a chunk of bread on a straw.


Jake reading from Murder Ballads in front of the Nebraska map beside the pink door. A Clean Part tee hangs in the distance.


Mathias and Z. Z holding the mysterious pie. Mathias holding a bowl of hope.


Noah. Mathias. Ashley.


Joshua looked the wrong way.


Denny rocking the No You Didn't again. And a clean part button.


Noah rocking the Noah Eli Gordon Book Jacket photo.


Noah and Joshua listening to me introduce Noah, I think.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"whet"
(the appetite)

Zachary Schomburg said...

Thank you, Anon. The correct usage of that verb has always alluded me (<---joke).

Anonymous said...

Those pictures actually do wet my appetite.

AB said...

Lincoln rawks.

Anonymous said...

that's totally going to be my official photo from now on. even when I'm like... 80 or something. At my funeral, that picture will be looking back at everyone from those big easles at the front of the room.

Anonymous said...

and by papergardenrecords... I mean Denny.

NEG said...

What??? no Bread Straw pic???!!!

Zachary Schomburg said...

Ok then, Noah. The bread straw pic has been unleashed.

joshuamarie said...

my black metal name is Mathias Svalina

Denny Schmickle said...

I'm getting an MFA in Black Sabbath.