Thursday, February 02, 2006

Meals: I have had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every day for the past two weeks. I really like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I really have had one every day for the past two weeks. Tonight, after class at 9:30, I'll have noodles de Ramen with chicken bouillon seasoning and cayenne, and some corn chips and apple slices, and a diet mountain dew.

Sports: Is it too early to be getting excited about baseball season?

Television: I don't like that I like some reality television, but I do like me some Beauty and the Geek. And I'm rooting for Moana on the Bachelor. Other than that, I'm a late-night public TV kind of guy. I like Rick Steve's Europe and Independent Lens. Next Tuesday night is Negroes with Guns: a look at Rob Williams and the Black Power movement.

Poetry: I'm reading Edouard Glissant now. Thinking about identity in poetry, in terms of relation and not isolation, multiculturalism, cosmopolitanism. Where do poets fit in cultures? Are they representative? Do they create or reflect culture? Etc.

2 comments:

Mathias Svalina said...

There IS meat in chicken-flavored ramen. You're no vegetarian after all.

will said...

it's like we're leading the exact same lives...with two slight differences(oops).