Thursday, February 16, 2006

Recent literary acquisitions: A review copy of City Eclogue by Ed Roberson (Atelos). Review copies of Poem for the End of Time and Other Poems by Noelle Kocot (Wave Books) and Shake by Joshua Beckman (Wave Books). Grace Bauer let me borrow her Anthology of New Russian Poets 1953-1968 translated by George Reavey. I'm reading Black Salt by Edouard Glissant for Postcolonial Poetics class. I'm finding that I love it and that I'm getting a lot of mileage out of it (both creatively and critically)--I'm surprised actually. And the lovely and generous Anthony Hawley just put his new book, The Concerto Form (Shearsman), in my mailbox at school. I'm very excited about this. I'm a fan and a friend and can't wait to dig in so I can later bring it up in conversation over beer. Buy his book, seriously.

Ok. Now I have to read all this stuff.

Also: a chess update: Mathias 3 - Your hero 0. Plenty of matches to be played, fans. Don't panic.

4 comments:

NEG said...

I challenge you to a chess match tomorrow night! The loser has to write an ode dedicated to the win!

NEG said...

to the "winner"

Zachary Schomburg said...

"O dearest Winner," Noah will soon lament.

David HG said...

Please tell me you won the Power Ball jackpot (ticket sold in Lincoln) and are laying low, trying to figure out how to make all our dreams come true. Please.